Important Information: Holiday Club
how to find us
Directions to our Holiday Club at Eastwinds Activity Centre, St Anne’s Terrace, BS4 4DY
Please note that there is no parking on St Anne's Terrace or at East Winds. The road is narrow and steep so please don't drive you car down. We advise you to park on St Anne's Park Road or Wick Road and walk down St Anne's Terrace.
Follow the steep lane down past the terraced houses. You'll find East Winds Activity Centre on your left at the bottom of the hill. You will see the big green gates at the entrance and our sign 'Out There'.
Polite notice: Please park on the main road and walk down. We want to respect our neighbour’s privacy and keep noise and traffic to a minimum. Thank you for your co-operation.
ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE
During key times of arrival (8.00-9.00) and departure (17.00-18.00), the main gates will be open. At other times the gate is kept locked and there will usually be a member of staff outside ready to greet you. If the gates are locked and there is no one around, please call the work phone and someone will let you in!
Between 8.00-8.45 registration will take place inside the main building. If the door is locked, please ring the doorbell. After 8.45, children will register outside in one of our gazebos. Please make sure your child is with us by 9.30 at the latest.
On arrival, you will be greeted by a member of staff and they will sign your child in. You only sign your child out at the end of the day. Only nominated people listed on the registration form will be allowed to collect your child. Please inform us before if you need someone else to pick up your child. If they’re not on the registration form, we’ll need them to have a collection password which we will agree between us.
- When children arrive we will take their packed lunch to put in the kitchen.
- They will be allocated a box for the rest of their belongings.
- We get ready to go the woods at around 9.30 and aim to leave just before 10am. Our Forest School sessions take place in the mornings.
- We return to the scout hut for lunch at 12.30.
- Afternoon activities take place in the garden or inside the main building.
- Children on a 'school day' are collected at 15.30.
- We have afternoon snack at around 16.00.
- If you wish to collect early, children can be collected from the scout hut anytime after 12.30.
what to wear/bring
WELLINGTON BOOTS OR WATERPROOF (RIVER PROOF) SHOES
No matter what the weather, we recommend children have a pair of wellies. Children should arrive in trainers or closed shoes and NOT SANDALS (to protect those little toes during our activities) and have wellington boots to change into. Please note Wellington boots often get wet, as the children LOVE to paddle in the brook. They will need drying out if coming back the next day.
Lightweight trousers or leggings
Long sleeved t-shirt
Light weight waterproofs
A heavy duty waterproof jacket (with hood) and trousers and warm jumper/fleece
Layers of clothes: including a long sleeved top and trousers/leggings (We don’t recommend jeans as these get cold and take ages to dry out, when wet).
Hat, Gloves and Scarf (if the cold weather warrants it).
ALL YEAR ROUND - A CHANGE OF CLOTHES
A spare change of clothes: to include socks and under wear, a long sleeved top or jumper and trousers/leggings.
Please label your clothes and bags we have a big box of lost property; please take a look to see what might be yours!
PACKED LUNCH AND SNACKS
We’ll provide a tasty and healthy mid morning and afternoon snack but please bring a packed lunch if you’re here for the whole day (please label the lunch box.) We always provide plenty of fresh water to drink. Please note we have no nuts policy.
We require you to give permission for the following:
- If necessary, my child may receive plasters, antiseptic wipes and other emergency treatment by a trained paediatric first aider
- If necessary, the child may be taken in an ambulance to Accident and Emergency
- Photographs may be taken and shared on our website and other promotional outlets.
- I give permission for my child to go on local trips to St Anne's Woods, Nightingale Valley Woods and the local park which are all within 10-15 minutes walking distance.
- I give permission for a good quality, high protection suncream to be applied when the sunny weather warrants it.
The permission can be found on your Libacura account. If you haven't managed to log back in and complete the permissions section online we will get you to initial next to your child's permissions on the day.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
These can be found here.
We ask that you read the policies and then sign to say you have read the sickness reporting policy.
There are two numbers you can call if you need to get hold of the group on the day. These are 0795 4416147 and 07847 709448.
Please note, the reception at the scout hut and in the woods isn't great. Please bare with us if we don't pick up and leave a message so we can get back to you.
If you wish to speak to the manager of Out There Forest School and Kindergarten, please call Jenny on 07948 674811.
ticks (summer only)
We have had one reported case of a tick being found on a child recently. It’s something you need to be aware of. It is one of the reasons we ask that children wear long trousers and a long sleeved top. Please check your children when they get home. They like warm dark places. Follow this link for advice http://www.bada-uk.org/correct-tick-removal.